Saturday 7 September 2013

Eyebrow Tutorial (How I Fill In My Eyebrows)

Hi guys :)


This post is all about how I do my eyebrows. I was asked to do a tutorial loads of times on Instagram but I couldn't go into much detail so this is a more in depth version! I change my eyebrow routine a lot but this is what I have been doing for the past few weeks and I like the results. If you have any questions just leave a comment! Enjoy :)



The products I use :)
#1 : A spoolie
#2 : A pair of tweezers
#3 : Clear eyebrow gel
#4 : Angled brush
#5 : Eyebrow powder/ eyeshadow
#6 : Eyebrow pencil
#7 : Small detail brush 
#8 : Concealer
#9 : Coloured eyebrow gel


Step One :




  • Tweeze any stray hairs.
  • Brush through the brow with a spoolie.
  • Set the hairs in place with a clear gel, brushing upwards and to the side.

Step Two :


  • With an angled brush (I use MAC's 208) and a light brown eyeshadow (I'm using MAC "Omega") I lightly fill in the front of the brow. This helps to create an ombre effect.


Step Three :


  • Using the same angled brush and a darker cool tone eyeshadow (I use MAC "Concrete") line all along the bottom of the eyebrow, following the natural shape of the brow.


Step Four :


  • Using the hairs as a guideline, fill in the tail end of the brow and the middle of the brow with the angled brush and brow powder. Make sure to leave a space at the front of the eyebrow for the lighter shade to blend.


Step Five :


  • Using the same products, thicken the top line of the front half of the eyebrow. I try to line this up with the top hairs of the front while still leaving a gap at the start of the brow.


Step Six :


  • With the same products and the angle of the brush thicken the arch, joining it to the tail end of the brow. This just makes the brow an even thickness and it looks more natural than just drawing an arch!



Step Seven :


  • Using the angled brush with the darker powder, apply the eyeshadow in light strokes to the front of the eyebrow. I like to brush upwards so that it fades out towards the top of the eyebrow.


Step Eight :


  • I use the eyebrow pencil to give the arch and the line at the bottom of the eyebrow a bit more definition.


Step Nine :


  • I set the pencil with the darker eyeshadow and the angled brush. This just helps it last longer and stops it from smudging. 


Step Ten :


  • I then use concealer (MAC Studio Finish in NC15) and a small detail brush (Real Techniques) and go around the eyebrow with it. I try to get as close as possible without smudging the work I've already done. This helps to really define the eyebrow and gets rid of any mistakes. I like to go along the top and bottom of the brow, usually leaving the front as it is.


Step Eleven :


  • I blend in the concealer using my ring finger and then set it using my face powder.


Step Twelve :


  • I use a coloured brow gel (Maybelline Brow Drama in medium brown) to fill in any gaps and get rid of the powdery look. I like this particular product because it sets the brows in place nicely without making them look crispy! Then you're finally done :)


This is how I do my eyebrows almost everyday. Obviously if you have naturally thick or dark eyebrows you don't have to go through all of these steps (and I'm jealous!). You can always switch around the products to ones that you have and that work for you. Thank you so much for reading :)


Love Shannon x


[Instagram : @shannonbowes]

No comments:

Post a Comment